Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline omorr  
#1 Posted : 05 July 2010 00:56:13(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
I was rather surprised by founding this Shok
Please look at the picture - found by accident.

I was convinced that is not possible yet. Actually, multiline function works - almost.
It seems that this is unfinished work. There are some extra things (red square) which might be a bug, inside function definition it seems we can have local variables not known outside the function, for some operators this will not work (actually I do not know for which one exactly - found few).

Anyway, it seems that this would be implemented quite soon - I hope Good
I would be very happy if this would happen ASAP Dance .

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline johnllander  
#2 Posted : 06 July 2010 00:02:26(UTC)
johnllander

Groups: Registered

Hi, I am new to this forum and has just shifted to SMath, though previously I was using Mathcad. In SMath, I am working with a function that involves with a definite integrals. The problem is that the function does not evaluate the integral because all the parameters in the integrals are not recognized, it prompts that a variable is not defined. Please see example below what I mean to this:

z(a,b,c):=| y:=int(x^2+c,a,b,x)
| y

I hope you the above function could be understood as I don't know how to copy and paste mathematical equations into this forum.

In the above function, there is a prompt 'a - is not defined'. The good thing is that if 'a', 'b' and 'c' are assigned with values, the function runs. But what if the limits and the integrals are variables?

Thanks a lot.

John.
Offline omorr  
#3 Posted : 06 July 2010 09:25:32(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Welcome John Good ,
johnllander wrote:
The problem is that the function does not evaluate the integral because all the parameters in the integrals are not recognized, it prompts that a variable is not defined. Please see example below what I mean to this:

z(a,b,c):=| y:=int(x^2+c,a,b,x)
| y

Definite integrals are calculated numericaly in SMath. Symbolic integration is not implemented yet. We hope that would be implemented ASAP. Search this Forum or use Wiki to find more information about it, please. Read the Tutorials and Examples on the Wiki. You can see there how to use SMath more efectively. I am convinced that with SMath you could do almost everything you need. If something is missing for you, just pot it here.
johnllander wrote:

I hope you the above function could be understood as I don't know how to copy and paste mathematical equations into this forum.

See this link please: How to use the Forum

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"