Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#1 Posted : 17 March 2014 23:22:58(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Nightly build: SMath Studio 0.97.5189 available

Latest changes (against SMath Studio 0.97.5154)

• ViewerFileType plug-in updated to support full version;

• Donation dialog reworked;

• Functions palette updated to insert diff() function with two arguments;
  • Undo/Redo functionality improved to be more stable;
  • Long time Plot calculation fixed when equation for Plot contains empty placeholders;
  • Teamwork Session feature disabled (temporarily);
  • Languages updated;
  • Refactoring.

Download

Edited by user 06 July 2014 23:43:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 17/03/2014(UTC),  on 17/03/2014(UTC),  on 18/03/2014(UTC),  on 18/03/2014(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline mkraska  
#2 Posted : 17 March 2014 23:47:11(UTC)
mkraska

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 1120 time(s) in 718 post(s)
Originally Posted by: smath Go to Quoted Post

Functions palette updated to insert diff() function with two arguments;
[/list]

Thanks for the update. How about the int(), that suffers from the same bug.

I'd like to have a school branding for the viewer, using this symbol: http://www.fh-brandenbur.../images/fhb_logo_neu.png
How about a quotation for that? Perhaps based on a percentage of commercial sales (should we ever have them)?
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#3 Posted : 17 March 2014 23:59:27(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
How about the int(), that suffers from the same bug.

Already fixed, but not included into this version of SMath Studio. Fix will be delivered soon.

Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
I'd like to have a school branding for the viewer, using this symbol: http://www.fh-brandenbur.../images/fhb_logo_neu.png
How about a quotation for that? Perhaps based on a percentage of commercial sales (should we ever have them)?

SMath Viewer Full version is free in educational purposes. Just contact me by e-mail to get Activation Code. One thing is that Viewer doesn't support *.PNG files. Please use rendition in *.ICO format.

Best regards, Andrey Ivashov.
thanks 4 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 18/03/2014(UTC),  on 18/03/2014(UTC),  on 18/03/2014(UTC),  on 19/03/2014(UTC)
Offline tomtit  
#4 Posted : 19 March 2014 00:47:13(UTC)
tomtit

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
For folks who likes unofficial portable versions+32bit plugins,
I made simple patcher.
Tested, works well for versions 5154 and 5189.
Sorry, discard this post, I can't attach file either delete this post in this topic :'( .

Edited by user 19 March 2014 00:52:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mkraska  
#5 Posted : 19 March 2014 02:06:26(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Normally, the unofficial portable version comes with a patched executable provided by uni. For 5189, he already posted a version, Yet, I shall wait for the plugin adaptions to settle and perhaps for the next nightly build (announced to come soon).
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline baijo  
#6 Posted : 21 March 2014 14:01:21(UTC)
baijo

United Kingdom

Hi there, how can I get a full version?
Offline Davide Carpi  
#7 Posted : 21 March 2014 14:25:25(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
Originally Posted by: baijo Go to Quoted Post
Hi there, how can I get a full version?

Contact the developer by mail (click on the 'EMAIL' button below any aksmath Offline post or in his profile, or use [url=andrey@smath.info]andrey@smath.info[/url] from your e-mail client)

e-mail to smath

Edited by user 21 March 2014 14:31:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline sija  
#8 Posted : 22 March 2014 15:12:45(UTC)
sija

Man
Poland

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I greet all very heartily!

Below I mention errors hich I met in the version 0.97.5189, here they are:

1. The attempt of put one of functions e.g.: "if", "while", "for" from the pallet of the functions - Programming is effective with the failure - functions are not developed.
2. Creation in the new file 2D diagram - this one I tested,save the file and close the current open file, and afterwards renewed opening it causes that the environment SMath treats the newly open file as no longer saved.

Please for the possible explanation or take this into account during the next edition of the programme.

The best regards!

Janusz
thanks 1 user thanked sija for this useful post.
on 22/03/2014(UTC)
Offline uncblue  
#9 Posted : 08 April 2014 17:25:16(UTC)
uncblue

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi All,

I'm very happy with this free software. I noticed an issue with this nightly build and didn't see it mentioned anywhere.
On the page setup menu, I selected Use "=" sign for all definitions and equalities on print out.
When I select this option, it appears that all of the equalities will shift to the left margin. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
If I deselect the option, it will print correctly. Forgive me if this is already being addressed.
Offline Ricyteach  
#10 Posted : 11 April 2014 17:40:41(UTC)
Ricyteach

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Andrey- great work, as always!

I want to introduce this software to the civil engineering staff here at my company at some point. However, I have a bit of a "wishlist" of things that need to be addressed before I can do that:

• Fonts, and styles
    Any plans to include ability to change the fonts (for both math and text areas) on the toolbar? I know there is a way to do this editing the file directly, but this is quite cumbersome. How about implementing styles? Any plans?
  • Custom unit system
    We do all of our work in the US, so the ability to change the default unit system to English units is absolutely essential. Manually changing the units of every single result simply won't work in the fast moving commercial environment.
  • Navigation
    This is a small thing, but it's a big deal for usability of the software: right now it is too hard to navigate using the keyboard. The only way to "get out" of a math statement is to press the Enter key, which moves the cursor below the statement. It would be very helpful if the arrow keys allowed the cursor to move out of a math area: up, down, left (at the beginning of a math statement), right (at the end of a math statement).
  • Ability to insert math areas into text areas (for formatting purposes)
    This would be very helpful when trying to set up nice looking worksheets that will be shared with clients. The idea is that the math areas are part of the flow of a textual paragraph.
  • More options for graphing customization, such as labels, turning off display of the arguments, custom lines/symbols, etc etc.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this project. It's great!
Offline mkraska  
#11 Posted : 11 April 2014 22:20:14(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Originally Posted by: Ricyteach Go to Quoted Post
Fonts, and styles
Any plans to include ability to change the fonts (for both math and text areas) on the toolbar? I know there is a way to do this editing the file directly, but this is quite cumbersome. How about implementing styles? Any plans?

There is no need to edit the source any more but still no access via toolbar. See the plugin Text Region Utilities. In the interactive book (toolbar: [?]> Plugins> Text Region Utilities) there is a page with some instructions.

There is also a feature request in the bug tracking system (BTS), which also includes the request for math insets.

Quote:
Custom unit system
We do all of our work in the US, so the ability to change the default unit system to English units is absolutely essential. Manually changing the units of every single result simply won't work in the fast moving commercial environment.

This is Issue SS-01 in the BTS.

Quote:

Navigation
This is a small thing, but it's a big deal for usability of the software: right now it is too hard to navigate using the keyboard. The only way to "get out" of a math statement is to press the Enter key, which moves the cursor below the statement. It would be very helpful if the arrow keys allowed the cursor to move out of a math area: up, down, left (at the beginning of a math statement), right (at the end of a math statement).

This might largely be a matter of taste. However, an option to edit the key bindings for whatever actions in SMath would be desirable. Be it just on config file level.

Quote:
More options for graphing customization, such as labels, turning off display of the arguments, custom lines/symbols, etc etc.

Arguments can be switched off (see context menu (right mouse button).
There are some plugins for graphics extensions. For you the XY-plot plugin might be suited best, because the settings are accessible via menus. However, this plugin currently is out of maintenance and has some glitches (settings can get lost etc.)

An alternative is to use the function Draw2D from the Maxima plugin. But this involves learning commands from a handbook and thus might be unacceptable for occasional use.

Martin Kraska

Offline blarg  
#12 Posted : 14 April 2014 19:23:30(UTC)
blarg

Almost afraid to ask but what is the difference between the full version and the free version? =/
If smath goes pay-only for the practical features, will there be any benefit of this program versus the mathcad free version?

Edited by user 14 April 2014 19:26:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Davide Carpi  
#13 Posted : 14 April 2014 20:26:36(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
Originally Posted by: blarg Go to Quoted Post
Almost afraid to ask but what is the difference between the full version and the free version? =/
If smath goes pay-only for the practical features, will there be any benefit of this program versus the mathcad free version?

SMath Studio is freeware for personal, work and educational purposes (see the license)

SMath Viewer output files (executables) are free for your own purposes (with some restrictions), free in learning (full version), not for free in the other cases (full version). (here you can see the SMath Viewer description of the author).
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline blarg  
#14 Posted : 14 April 2014 22:51:56(UTC)
blarg

Wow, that is a neat feature I wasn't aware of. Thanks a lot for the info!

Originally Posted by: w3b5urf3r_reloaded Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: blarg Go to Quoted Post

SMath Studio is freeware for personal, work and educational purposes (see the license)

SMath Viewer output files (executables) are free for your own purposes (with some restrictions), free in learning (full version), not for free in the other cases (full version). (here you can see the SMath Viewer description of the author).

Offline RFreund  
#15 Posted : 13 May 2014 21:44:48(UTC)
RFreund

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Has anyone noticed for this build that the 'debugger' seems a bit off.

It seems that when I have a variable that is undefined, it reports the wrong variable. It seems to report a variable that is defined but is adjacent to the variable that is undefined.

thanks 1 user thanked RFreund for this useful post.
on 13/05/2014(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#16 Posted : 13 May 2014 21:52:29(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Originally Posted by: RFreund Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone noticed for this build that the 'debugger' seems a bit off.

It seems that when I have a variable that is undefined, it reports the wrong variable. It seems to report a variable that is defined but is adjacent to the variable that is undefined.

This is bug tracking issue SS-89. You might vote for this issue.
Martin Kraska

thanks 1 user thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 13/05/2014(UTC)
Offline nemec  
#17 Posted : 07 August 2014 18:04:25(UTC)
nemec

Can anyone tell my how match is the Full Version of this software?
Offline mkraska  
#18 Posted : 07 August 2014 18:14:15(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Originally Posted by: nemec Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone tell my how match is the Full Version of this software?

The term "full version" exclusively applies to the so called SMath Viewer, the way, you can create executable files out of your SMath Studio sheets. The full version includes some features which are important for commercial sale of the generated sheets (software certificates and the like). If that is what you want, then Andrey can give you the details.

For SMath Studio, there is no other than the free version.
Martin Kraska