Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline omorr  
#1 Posted : 20 November 2011 12:44:21(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello,

As far as I am concerned, some of the most desired features in the math software are equation solvers (algebraic, differential). I would really like SMath to be quite powerful in this area. I do not know how could this be managed exactly but I suppose that plugin makers could contribute and use some available C code and make a plugin from it. For instance, is there any chance that this and similar code like this one lsoda can be used and a plugin made from it. I suppose that this can be done in general, but there must be someone who is willing and interested to do that.

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline kilele  
#2 Posted : 22 November 2011 14:01:09(UTC)
kilele

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Spacetime (pc and ppc versions are free of charge) has a menu option to compile your scripts into code files that you can include into SpaceTime using the Include function or by placing the file in your Include Folder.
This is a great feature that Andrey should consider to implement. It would allow anyone versed in maths and smath scripting(but not necessarily in .NET programming) make plugins and share them easily.
Offline kilele  
#3 Posted : 22 November 2011 14:34:24(UTC)
kilele

SpaceTime is now mathstudio and the free versions I mentioned above are not available any more. In case you want to see this compile feature, I've uploaded it at
http://www.mediafire.com/?fc58r3nx6b5r0a8
thanks 1 user thanked kilele for this useful post.
on 22/11/2011(UTC)
Offline omorr  
#4 Posted : 23 November 2011 14:58:47(UTC)
omorr

Man
Serbia

Hello,
kilele wrote:
Spacetime (pc and ppc versions are free of charge) has a menu option to compile your scripts into code files that you can include into SpaceTime using the Include function or by placing the file in your Include Folder.
This is a great feature that Andrey should consider to implement. It would allow anyone versed in maths and smath scripting(but not necessarily in .NET programming) make plugins and share them easily.

The SpaceTime is quite an interesting small math software (thank you). I am not quite sure about this mentioned include scripts from SpaceTime. I think that this is similar to "snippets" system in Smath. I hope I was right about it.

Regards,
Radovan
Offline kilele  
#5 Posted : 23 November 2011 18:55:49(UTC)
kilele

You can watch videotutorials about this software at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheShakeyWave

omorr wrote:

I am not quite sure about this mentioned include scripts from SpaceTime. I think that this is similar to "snippets" system in Smath. I hope I was right about it.

Here's how to the user can create a library of functions and include them automatically in all SpaceTime files.
1. First, create a SpaceTime file with functions.
2. Go to File -> Compile
3. Save the .stc file into the SpaceTime 4.0 Directory in the Programs Folder.
4. All future SpaceTime files will automatically give you access to the set of functions contained in the file.

Isn't that what making plugins consist of in SMath ?
It's a similar concept except that you don't have to deal with programming. You can even share a library of functions without giving away the actual code.
There would be an embedded compiler accessible from the file menu so that you could compile *.sm into *.smc ready to be treated by SMath as a regular function.
Offline omorr  
#6 Posted : 23 November 2011 21:14:50(UTC)
omorr

Man
Serbia

Hello,

It sounds very attractive. I've never heard of any such "compiling" thing in, say, Mathcad. If SMath would be capable of making a compiled code by using its own *.sm into, say, *.smc, I suppose it would be much faster that interpreting the same code in the worksheet.
I think that the users have already had some similar ideas about it.

Regards,
Radovan