Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#1 Posted : 22 July 2012 03:27:57(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Hello.

It is not really a new feature but it is important change of the next version of SMath Studio. Starting from the next version binaries and installers will be always signed with a valid code certificate. This means that any user will be able to check if the program or it's part is created by me or modified by somebody (f.e. virus). See differences on the screenshots below.

This is properties of the file issued by me:

This is properties of the broken file:

User Account Control (UAC) introduced in all Windows versions starting from Vista is also help to easily define author of the file.

Setup package created by me:

Altered Setup package:

Best regards, Andrey Ivashov.

P.S.: As long as code certificates are not free I have had to pay for them using funds collected from donations. Many thanks for all the donations and for your support!

Edited by user 22 July 2012 03:29:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 22/07/2012(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline kilele  
#2 Posted : 22 July 2012 19:53:14(UTC)
kilele

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 113 post(s)
hi DEV
have you thought of funding the android version of SMath using some crowdfunding platform ?
they are sites visited for people eager to support interesting projects, here you have a successful project which attained the initial goal :
http://www.kickstarter.c...-create-your-own-sprites
At least it could be interesting to promote SMath and increase its popularity

Edit:

I could only find this calculator project, it was not funded (aimed for a pretty ambitious 50 000$) but it got over 3000 bucks!! not bad..
http://www.kickstarter.c...os-for-the-android-world
I'm sure you wouldn't go wrong with a funding goal of 6000$ if you made an appealing video.

Edit:
Some advices to win a Kickstarter campaign:
http://www.wired.com/business/2012/07/kickstarter/
plus send letters to sites that already wrote about SMath to promote the campaign, and an email notification to every SMath forum member asking for spreading the word.

Edited by user 02 October 2012 13:08:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified