Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Teacher  
#1 Posted : 28 September 2016 19:42:06(UTC)
Teacher

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi there,

I'm often doing some mechanical calculations with SMath. Within these calculations there are some formular which are used in nearly every calculation, e. g. S[greek]F.x=0, or F.x:=F*cos(a[greek]) and so on.

So it would be nice to have a place (maybe in the sidebar below the greek symbols) where I can just drag some formulars to be stored for the next use....
And if I want to use them again I just drag a copy of the stored formular into my current worksheet.

Hope that my explanation are comprehensible?!

What do you think about it?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#2 Posted : 28 September 2016 20:50:10(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Offline Teacher  
#3 Posted : 23 October 2016 21:11:36(UTC)
Teacher

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Andrey,

thanks for answering my request. I've tried the snippets and they will work too, but I think that this feature is a little bit like sooting a rabbit with a rocket .... For "bigger" snippets it is really great!

It's more that you've typed one or some few formulars which are used very often, so it would be nice just to drag them into an "library-area" (which could be placed below the Greek symbols on the right side of the screen) where they are shown as a thumbnail. And every time you need them again, you could easily drag them from there onto the current worksheet.
The big advantage is that you easily see what's in the box for using and it is much faster than inserting a snippet. Even it would be very easy to change / extend the single entries (just drag it onto the actual sheet, remove it (maybe a right mouse-click-menu on the library, or just select and press DEL-key, edit it and put it back to the library).

So, what do you think about it?