Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline avanturist  
#1 Posted : 24 April 2017 17:47:06(UTC)
avanturist

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
test.sm (19kb) downloaded 44 time(s).

Thanks to developers for this program, that looks very promising!

To my point of view, only little effort is neccesary to significantly improve usability and acceptance of the software. If necessary, can also help with algorithms.

Attached sample shows several problems, which I immediately encountered.

1. SMath is able to evaluate symbolically Ipt, shown in blue, but I found no way to simplify it to equivalent form, which is shown in black. Simplification in general is not a trivial task, but implementing few functions will allow to get necessary result explicitly, see e.g. Maxima's factor(), expand(), radcan().

2. Graphs need automatic and explicit ranges for argument(s) and function value! Moving graph with the mouse may be nice (but absolutely not necessary), if the graph is already seen on the screen, but try to find the curve, when you don't know the result of calculations! 3D graph scaling with the mouse looks to be impossible at all.

Next two points may be just bugs:
1. Both 2D graphs do not show the function I need, although the function itself is calculated correctly.
2. 3D graph needs very long time for calculation, also in comparison with thirty 2D graphs.
thanks 1 user thanked avanturist for this useful post.
on 16/01/2018(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.