Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#1 Posted : 27 August 2014 23:11:57(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Hello!

Currently I'm working to replace existing SMath Studio Live with Cloud version of SMath Studio.

Here is it: http://smath.info/cloud (based on the latest SMath Studio version).

It supports the following Regions: Math, Text, Graph, Picture, Area, Modeller, Checkbox, Combobox. Undo/Redo feature is fully implemented. Clipboard, ability to select parts of the regions or move Graphs and work with Shapes of Modeller. It became faster and stable.

Work on this new version is in progress, so top menu and toolbars will be available later, but you can use well-known shortcuts (Ctrl+Z, Ctrl+Y, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X, ", @, etc) to work with this tool. Try it!

The interesting feature I've added is a full integration with resources of SMath project. For example on the http://smath.info web-page you can find list of available examples/snippets. If you will click on the link to get access to these examples/snippets you'll see a File Details page with two available actions: Download and Open. Clicking Open link you will get selected worksheet opened within Cloud version of SMath Studio.

F.e.:
* http://smath.info/file/TMXyV
* http://smath.info/file/a4HBW
* http://smath.info/file/NT82z

Mathcad files also supported:
* http://smath.info/file/YZEqS

As you can see there is a simple rule: if you want to open uploaded file with Cloud version of SMath Studio you just need to modify url to the worksheet like this: http://smath.info/file/RkWXS -> http://smath.info/cloud/file/RkWXS

Please note: max evaluation time limited with 5 seconds (meaning if calculation of the worksheet will take more then 5 seconds it will be interrupted). Please don't test this limitation!

Tip: if anything goes wrong just Refresh (F5) web-page to create new worksheet.

Hope you like it!

Best regards, Andrey Ivashov.

Edited by user 27 August 2014 23:22:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 28/08/2014(UTC),  on 28/08/2014(UTC),  on 28/08/2014(UTC),  on 23/09/2014(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline mkraska  
#2 Posted : 28 August 2014 00:32:54(UTC)
mkraska

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 1120 time(s) in 718 post(s)
Great work!

I experience input problems with german keyboard:
- cannot input units (' character does not work)
- I have to input a right (closing) paren in order to get a pair of them.
These problems also appear in smath live and in Knovel interactive equations.

Edit: Rainbow game: Modeler region does not accept input (no mouse response). Moving the modeler region makes it jump to top of the sheet, there seems to be an issue with area regions, if I open the first one, the modeler region jumps inside it and cannot be moved any more.

Edit: F5 just inserts the letter t, the other function buttons are mapped to other regions, F12 creates an empty placeholder.

Edited by user 28 August 2014 00:55:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#3 Posted : 28 August 2014 00:50:26(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Thank you, Martin. I will check this issue (hope on-screen German keyboard will help).

Actually all 3 versions of server apps you mentioned has different UI implementation (sources and logic), but all of them has SMath Studio Live engine inside (Cloud version of SMath Studio was developed separately against Interactive Equations because I have no rights to use sources and ideas developed for Knovel). As a result the same logic to handle keyboard buttons used (as initially it was created for Live). Seems I need to revise it as well.

Thanks again! Best regards.

Edited by user 28 August 2014 00:52:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#4 Posted : 02 September 2014 00:28:58(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Main menu and top toolbar are implemented. Links for server version of SMath Studio changed from Live to Cloud.

Another great improvement: no lost symbols on typing anymore!

Further improvements coming soon.
thanks 2 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 02/09/2014(UTC),  on 02/09/2014(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#5 Posted : 02 September 2014 01:16:25(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Looks promising!

That now allows to add units (' character still not working).

How are we supposed to scale 2d plots? Mouse wheel just scales the whole GUI.

Any plans to support operation of the site via touchscreen/tablet? If the cloud version could run locally, this would be a generic Android/iOS version...
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#6 Posted : 02 September 2014 21:12:31(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Martin, please could you check input of symbols now. I think I've fixed related issues.
thanks 1 user thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 02/09/2014(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#7 Posted : 02 September 2014 21:35:46(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Originally Posted by: smath Go to Quoted Post
Martin, please could you check input of symbols now. I think I've fixed related issues.

Confirmed. ' and ( work now, thanks a lot.

However, you might consider giving tab characters a special treatment. Currently, they appear as big spaces in math names.
mkraska attached the following image(s):
cloud.PNG
Martin Kraska

thanks 1 user thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 02/09/2014(UTC)
Offline ShawnP  
#8 Posted : 23 September 2014 01:37:43(UTC)
ShawnP

United States

This cloud version could turn into a mobile version that some of us have been looking for. The first issue I seem to have trying to use the cloud version on my phone, is beginning to input. My keyboard won't open until there is a place to input text.

Perhaps a floating toolbar that could be used to create math and text regions would solve this.
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#9 Posted : 23 September 2014 19:00:42(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Hello.

Originally Posted by: ShawnP Go to Quoted Post
This cloud version could turn into a mobile version that some of us have been looking for. The first issue I seem to have trying to use the cloud version on my phone, is beginning to input. My keyboard won't open until there is a place to input text.

I've implemented ability to show on screen keyboard for mobile devices. For now it works in Chrome on Android. Didn't test it yet for other browsers.

Originally Posted by: ioan92 Go to Quoted Post
Could it be conceivable to save a SMath application file in the cloud and to make it available to others ?

Yes, this ability is under implementation now.

on 23/09/2014(UTC)
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#10 Posted : 23 September 2014 23:55:26(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Regarding usage of SMath Studio in the Cloud on mobile devices: I've improved support and tested on various devices.

For now it works at least on the following environments:
1) Android 3.2.1 (Tablet), 4.2.1, 4.4.2
- Chrome;
- Safari (default browser).
2) iOS 7 (Tablet)
- Safari;
- Chrome.

Best regards.
on 24/09/2014(UTC)
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#11 Posted : 24 September 2014 00:51:08(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
However, you might consider giving tab characters a special treatment. Currently, they appear as big spaces in math names.

Fixed. Thank you, Martin!
on 24/09/2014(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#12 Posted : 24 September 2014 00:57:35(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Can't create text regions. Neither can I input the double quote sign nor has the menu entry any effect.

Currently, if you reload the page, the sheet is cleared without warning. How about a confirmation dialog?

Edited by user 24 September 2014 01:06:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Martin Kraska

Offline brotjob  
#13 Posted : 24 September 2014 01:08:58(UTC)
brotjob

Switzerland

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I understand SMath Studio as a replacement for documenting calculations in a business or reasearch environment. I can't imagine anyone would need a cloud version in those user groups. The business people don't want to share their data with the secret services that sell them to their competitors and the research people have good computers so they don't need the calculation power of a freeware server. This is a dead end!
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#14 Posted : 24 September 2014 01:22:46(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Can't create text regions. Neither can I input the double quote sign nor has the menu entry any effect.

Thank you. Will fix this. For now you can just write the text, so the region will automatically switch to Text on the first spacebar press.

Currently, if you reload the page, the sheet is cleared without warning. How about a confirmation dialog?

I'm working to have direct links to the current worksheet, so refreshing will not clear the document anymore. This feature will be available soon.

Originally Posted by: brotjob Go to Quoted Post
This is a dead end!

Thank you for your opinion! Actually this is not the end - it is just a very start. Planned improvements are:
1) SMath Viewer in the Cloud (based on Cloud version of SMath Studio);
2) Private libraries of the worksheets (all calculation will be saved in your library automatically, so you can get any previous worksheet you worked on from anywhere anytime);
3) You will be able to share documents by simple url or protect them by password.

There are plenty of other ideas which I will share a bit later.

thanks 2 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 24/09/2014(UTC),  on 24/09/2014(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#15 Posted : 24 September 2014 01:39:11(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Originally Posted by: smath Go to Quoted Post

Thank you. Will fix this. For now you can just write the text, so the region will automatically switch to Text on the first spacebar press.

Thanks, I forgot about this way to create text regions.

Entering TAB now stops any region from accepting any further input until it looses focus.

BTW, on my tablet (android) the page scrolls unintendedly when the keyboard opens. This sometimes makes the region disappear behind the virtual keyboard.

Martin Kraska

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#16 Posted : 24 September 2014 22:41:42(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Share button implemented. It generates static URL to the current worksheet. So, it is easy to share your calculations now.

Best regards.
on 24/09/2014(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#17 Posted : 25 September 2014 01:30:41(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Originally Posted by: ioan92 Go to Quoted Post
Of course I felt only the missing of the right panel in order to to write a program segment.

Every program function from the side panel can be accessed via keyboard:
- line( or ]
- if(,,
- for(,,
- range(,

I tried a small example as well. Really long ago that I used the built-in roots() function, but what to do if there is no FindRoot() or Solve()

The Share-button seems to freeze the current state of the sheet and assigns a link to it. Neither the author nor someone else using the link can change the document accessible via the link. Any changes are lost unless you freeze them to a new file using share-button.

Martin Kraska

thanks 1 user thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 25/09/2014(UTC)
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#18 Posted : 28 April 2015 01:11:05(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

New version of SMath Studio in the Cloud (2.4) deployed today to http://smath.info/cloud.

There are several new features available:
  1. Permanent direct url to the worksheet (bookmark it or share);
  2. New registration page created (if logged in user have created a worksheet he is the only one who is able to access it afterwards by url - but still possible to share it using Share menu item);
  3. Autosaving of worksheet changes;
  4. Session timeout issue fixed - no lost data anymore;
  5. New controls available to insert;
  6. About dialog implemented;
  7. Latest version of SMath Studio Core integrated inside;
  8. Performance and stability improved.

Please check it out!

Edited by user 28 April 2015 01:13:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 28/04/2015(UTC),  on 28/04/2015(UTC),  on 08/05/2015(UTC)
Offline omorr  
#19 Posted : 28 April 2015 12:16:21(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello Andrey Good ,

It seems that for the Registration we need another user name different from the one which we already use for the Forum (BTE., for Wiki and Debug we can register under the same username as we used for the Forum). If we try to use the same username as we used for the Forum, it complaints that it already exists.

Is there any chance to fix this in order we could register under the same username, i.e the username we used for the Forum?

Regards,
Radovan

Edited by user 28 April 2015 12:21:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
thanks 1 user thanked omorr for this useful post.
on 28/04/2015(UTC)
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#20 Posted : 28 April 2015 13:59:14(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Hello, Radovan!

Originally Posted by: omorr Go to Quoted Post
Is there any chance to fix this in order we could register under the same username, i.e the username we used for the Forum?

If you already registered for using http://smath.info/upload/ or http://smath.info/upload/extensions.aspx then you just need to log in. No registration required. Try to log in and you'll see your username in the top-right corner of SMath Studio in the Cloud page.