Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ellboy  
#1 Posted : 14 November 2017 20:17:42(UTC)
ellboy

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

Hello!

I am new to Smath and Maxima. I doesn’t understand how to use some functions from Smath in Maxima for calculations. Is it possible?

Page1.sm (4kb) downloaded 23 time(s).Page1.PNG

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline mkraska  
#2 Posted : 15 November 2017 01:11:41(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1124 time(s) in 721 post(s)
You can use the coma package with Maxima. However, the plot functions need some special treatment. If you can ask them to export the image to a file and get the filename, then you can display this with an image region.

Please find attached my experiments with the coma package. It is on my agenda to enable the plot functions.

2017-11-14 23_02_36-SMath Studio - [coma.sm_].png
coma.sm (337kb) downloaded 42 time(s).
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline ellboy  
#3 Posted : 15 November 2017 13:34:37(UTC)
ellboy

Man
Germany

Thank you for the nice example! It helps a lot. It is very disappointing, that the plot function cannot be used at the moment. bode_plot, mantitude_plot and phase_plot would be very helpful.

How can I access omega for further calculations?

page3.PNG
Offline mkraska  
#4 Posted : 15 November 2017 17:46:17(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1124 time(s) in 721 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ellboy Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for the nice example! It helps a lot. It is very disappointing, that the plot function cannot be used at the moment. bode_plot, mantitude_plot and phase_plot would be very helpful.

How can I access omega for further calculations?

page3.PNG

Yes it is disappointing. In a future release of the maxima plugin this might change.

For converting boolean equations into assignments you can use the at() function or the Assign() function (Interactive Handbook> Function index)
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx