Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ElSid  
#1 Posted : 11 April 2018 04:40:48(UTC)
ElSid

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Started having this issue in the afternoon US time {AppVersion 0.99.6671}. I deleted the plugin as well as C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\SMath\extensions\plugins\c12231ec-4873-43c1-a7d0-a167ebd17066 and restarted my computer.
I reloaded the plugin. Opened attached files and system locks up.
Originally Posted by: CBG Go to Quoted Post
Quick Sound Loss (1)_r1.sm (141kb) downloaded 46 time(s).
Carlos

Originally Posted by: Jean Giraud Go to Quoted Post
Quick Sound Loss (3).sm (141kb) downloaded 42 time(s).
Jean

UPDATE: Plugin opens fine on 0.99.6661 portable version

Edited by user 11 April 2018 05:19:23(UTC)  | Reason: Tested on older portable version

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Davide Carpi  
#2 Posted : 11 April 2018 14:13:41(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
I cannot reproduce... could you paste the "System informations" result of Development tools plugin?

Originally Posted by: ElSid Go to Quoted Post
I deleted the plugin as well ...

Have you deleted the c12231ec-4873-43c1-a7d0-a167ebd17066 folder, only the latest plugin subfolder, the library... (asking because an improper deletion might cause effects unrelated with the initial bug).

To exclude/restrict interferences between plugins you can even rename the whole %APPDATA%\Smath folder (and restore it back deleting the new one that will be created, after you tested the worksheets)

Edited by user 11 April 2018 14:15:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
thanks 1 user thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 11/04/2018(UTC)
Offline ElSid  
#3 Posted : 11 April 2018 18:25:58(UTC)
ElSid

Man
United States

Davide,
I think I found the culprit. Same computer, same install as issue last night. This morning, I'm at office and the "Formatting" dialog box opens up on my second screen. This is funny because my desktop is on my second screen, but when undocked, it all reverts back to my laptop monitor. It appears as if the "Formatting" dialog box does not revert back to the main screen.
Offline Davide Carpi  
#4 Posted : 11 April 2018 19:59:03(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
It appears as if the "Formatting" dialog box does not revert back to the main screen.

Correct, looking at the code seems a feature (he remember where it was last time you used it); I think that Viacheslav can fix it easily, disabling the feature or by adding a check on coordinates and available screens.

In the meanwhile, when this happens, you can use ALT+F4 to close the hidden form

Edited by user 11 April 2018 20:24:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline ElSid  
#5 Posted : 13 April 2018 20:41:35(UTC)
ElSid

Man
United States

Found the issue(s). See revamped file. Still having issues in that X-Y plot Labels for the legend *zap* Quick Sound Loss.smz (143kb) downloaded 61 time(s).
Edit: Two bugs
  1. X-Y Plot. If functions crash, *Zap* to the legend titles. All other titles OK. Legend is empty due to laziness after last 5 crashes
  2. solve(4) did not like trying to cancel units in the denominator of the final function (#dist). As I was adding units to x:0-100 FT and dividing the units meters in the function, the function crashed in the solve block (Just the function, with all values plugged in except for x = vector, so it's a solve(4) issue).
This is one of those sheets where UNITS are huge! The equations are all based off of SI/metric references. Major issue

There is additional documentation and function definition updates. Sanity check the graph x scale (adjusted for feet since I'm in the US). Should be good now