Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ola_nicolas  
#1 Posted : 12 May 2018 09:46:47(UTC)
ola_nicolas

Groups: Registered
Romania

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello everyone

I do not know if the problem has been reported. I do my duty to do it. The problem is described by two images. It occurs when a comboboxlist box is added to a "show description". Figure 1 shows how the box appears before completing the text in the "show description" box. In Figure 2, its status is shown after the description text has been completed. It can be seen that what has been completed in the description box also appears in the tag attached to the comboboxlist box. I have not tried, but it is possible that this issue also arises in connection with the other control items. There are also situations where the issue becomes aggravating because the evaluation time extends well beyond the normal limit. That's what it is.
Image 1.PNG Image 2.PNG

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Davide Carpi  
#2 Posted : 12 May 2018 11:55:53(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
Hello nicolas,

I'm unable to reproduce. Could you check if it happens to you even with other regions, f.e. built-in 2D plot and if there is some sequence of actions to do to trigger it?

Missed that the bug it is about a previous version of SS. It was a problem of any region, should be already fixed.

Originally Posted by: Andrey Ivashov Go to Quoted Post
Handling of input into Region Description improved;

Edited by user 12 May 2018 12:07:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline ola_nicolas  
#3 Posted : 12 May 2018 22:06:59(UTC)
ola_nicolas

Romania

Hello Davide

I have not met the phenomenon elsewhere than the combobox lists. I do not know if it exists in the other cases defined in the "controls" category because I did not use them. Regarding the other issue, there is indeed an initial condition required to produce the bug. The condition is to have one or more collapsible areas previously in the worksheet plan, even if they have been deleted in the meantime. As seen in post # 1, the matrix-source defining the comboboxlist was closed in a collapsible area. However, this may exist in the worksheet after defining the combobox, or not exist at all, but it has existed and has been previously deleted. All the best
Offline Davide Carpi  
#4 Posted : 13 May 2018 02:20:07(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
You can trigger it in any evaluable region, no need of collapsible areas; click on the canvas, then click on the description and start editing Good

description bug 0_98_6484.gif

(as stated above it is fixed in recent versions of the program)

Edited by user 13 May 2018 02:22:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline ola_nicolas  
#5 Posted : 13 May 2018 08:32:02(UTC)
ola_nicolas

Romania

Hello Davide

That's how it is. I'm convinced now. But there is a difference between boats and control boxes. The latter changes its definition label and affects my entire work page. Sometimes infinite calculus loops are formed and you can no longer control the program in any way. I do not have examples now, but I will post as soon as I have them. Somehow the problem needs to be solved.

Edited by user 13 May 2018 08:35:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified