Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Danevangx  
#1 Posted : 18 February 2018 17:23:20(UTC)
Danevangx

Groups: Registered

Hej
I have a problem if you look at the picture, first i try to verify that sin*cos dont give zero, and its ok
then i have to blue vector, and i need to calculate the blue equation beneeth it, and you can see it give zero,
then i have made two green vectors and the green equation works fine.
In the none colored is from mathcad and i works fine just like the green one does,
but what the heck happens with the blue one , anyone explain me that please, Thank you :-)
transpose.PNG

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline mkraska  
#2 Posted : 18 February 2018 17:35:44(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1124 time(s) in 721 post(s)
I can't see any problem except Mathcad failing to see that the expression is actually zero.
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Danevangx  
#3 Posted : 18 February 2018 17:51:47(UTC)
Danevangx

Hej mkraska, ok yes, but when i calculate symbolic it just give 0 in SMath
I need to have the equations symbolic,is there a way to do that in Smath ?

I have another question, in mathcad i can see equations as simplyfied, as factor and expanded ?

I use this because the equations in multibody can be very complex to look at, so when i program in matlab i can usesome expressions so it have som meening for other than me :-)

Here is another example
nyt eksempel.PNG
I can see the result is not reduced in SMath but it is in mathcad, so if i remove the terms that gave zero like before, they be equal.
I need to work a lot more woth SMath and i could use factor, simplify, expand when i solve or manipulate with equations :-)

Edited by user 18 February 2018 18:47:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mkraska  
#4 Posted : 18 February 2018 19:00:07(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1124 time(s) in 721 post(s)
You can use Maxima from within SMath to gain more control over the simplification and transformation. Make sure that SMath optimization is switched off.

2018-02-18 16_51_26-SMath Studio 0.99.6611 - [Test6.sm_].png
Test6.sm (4kb) downloaded 20 time(s).

Follow my signature to see how to get Maxima working with SMath.

As to why your expression isn't reduced further: What do you expect could be reduced? I don't see any cancelling terms as long as the indices at the variables matter.

If you want the forum users to play around with your examples you should attach them. Don't expect anybody to re-type the stuff in your last post.
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Danevangx  
#5 Posted : 18 February 2018 19:24:06(UTC)
Danevangx

I reduce it myself, when i expand theupper equation, show as number 2, i can reduce it because like before som gave zero, but here they dont be reduced by SMath, and the last of the green is reduced equation and give the same as mathcad. I dont expect you to solve or try this of i only ask because i find some differences i need to find out why, (and offcause it can be easier to have the script to look. i do that another time), and i look at this and thx :-)
Offline Jean Giraud  
#6 Posted : 19 February 2018 01:44:33(UTC)
Jean Giraud

Canada

Was thanked: 981 time(s) in 809 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Danevangx Go to Quoted Post
in mathcad i can see equations as simplyfied, as factor and expanded ?

... factor, expand +++ from the symbolic drop down panel.