Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Santa401  
#1 Posted : 22 September 2018 19:43:05(UTC)
Santa401

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This is my first attempt at using SMath for structural design. I would appreciate somebody trying it out and providing any feedback on any errors or questions
KCA Structural Steel Sections 2.sm (72kb) downloaded 92 time(s).

There are a few analysis snippits on this forum but none really for design in accordance with codes and British Standards so I thought I would try to address that.

There are only 4 beams to choose from initially, but it is fairly straight forward to add more (although you have to change the page size to A3 landscape to work on the matrix)

The design requires a choice of whether the assessment checks a beam spanning between supports, between support and a restraint or between restraints. The items in green are for user input or connection to an early analysis page. The item in blue (user input) is used instead of span, only if the choice was to check a portion of a beam between restraints or restraint and support

Thanks to Andrey and his team for this package, this is far better than Mathcad

Edited by user 23 September 2018 08:11:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Santa401 for this useful post.
on 22/09/2018(UTC),  on 22/09/2018(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Santa401  
#2 Posted : 23 September 2018 14:15:36(UTC)
Santa401

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Altered the file to take into account equivalent uniform moment mLT in Table 18 of the code

KCA Structural Steel Sections 3.sm (74kb) downloaded 123 time(s).

Obviously these sheets are provided with no liability for accuracy or compliance with the codes concerned.

The steel tables only need to be included once and the steel design calcs could be included as a snippet altering the Design Moment and Shear as necessary but still referring to the original section matrix

Edited by user 24 September 2018 20:59:33(UTC)  | Reason: just some more comments

thanks 1 user thanked Santa401 for this useful post.
on 23/09/2018(UTC)