Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JoeF  
#1 Posted : 27 February 2017 18:45:07(UTC)
JoeF

Groups: Registered
United States

I have just downloaded SMath and joined the forum. I did some searching for my topic but figured I ask anew.
I have old Mathcad 2000 file and a copy of Mathcad 2000 frim my working days.

How do I open Mathcad 2000 files in SMath?
I have tried to open PTC MCDX files with file- open on SMath but nothing happens.

Thanks
Joe

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Davide Carpi  
#2 Posted : 27 February 2017 18:56:56(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
mcdx cannot be opened in SMath. If you are able to convert it in xmcd format hence it might be possible to import the file.

BTW, anyone interested in creating such kind of feature can start from XMCDFileType plug-in and DataExchange (mcdx is basically an archive for various xml files, like ods or xlsx files).

Edited by user 27 February 2017 19:06:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline JoeF  
#3 Posted : 27 February 2017 19:04:45(UTC)
JoeF

United States

Davide:
thank you
Offline Jean Giraud  
#4 Posted : 01 March 2017 01:19:08(UTC)
Jean Giraud

Canada

Was thanked: 980 time(s) in 808 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JoeF Go to Quoted Post
I have old Mathcad 2000 file and a copy of Mathcad 2000 from my working days.

Not clear what you want to do ?
Do you still have Mathcad 2000 working on XP [Xp Pro or Xp Home] ?
AFAIK: Smath can't open any Mathcad. A fraction of % of program
is "compatible" providing you set Mathcad ORIGIN:=1.

Since Smath 6179, some Mathcad code are 1/1 compatible with the
"vectorise operator", example: the truth table ...

The Mathcad index M[i,j] inside a program is most confusing.
Toke me ~ 1 day to code ANOVA from Mathcad.
Mandelbrot looks a peanut in Mathcad, not done yet in Smath.

If not too much, attach an image of the Mathcad 2000 work sheet.

Jean
Offline John Evans  
#5 Posted : 24 December 2017 15:57:03(UTC)
John Evans

United States

For the benefit of others still searching for a conversion solution, I submit the following.
MatchCAD Prime (newer MathCAD *.mcdx) will convert back to original MathCAD (*.xmcd) on the input/output tab of MathCAD prime. This can be seen in the screenshot of the link posted by Davide Carpi, above.

Many users, especially newer users will find the tools greyed out. You must have both MatchCAD prime, AND MathCAD 15 installed to perform the conversion. Most of us that are using Prime will not have both, and cannot convert.

That said, if anyone does develop a plugin for MathCAD prime (*.mcdx) support, I'd be appreciative. It is the future for new MathCAD work, and would be a great initiative to get those users to move to SMath.

Cheers,
John E
Offline Jean Giraud  
#6 Posted : 25 December 2017 02:16:03(UTC)
Jean Giraud

Canada

Was thanked: 980 time(s) in 808 post(s)
That said, if anyone does develop a plugin for MathCAD prime (*.mcdx) support, I'd be appreciative. It is the future for new MathCAD work, and would be a great initiative to get those users to move to SMath.
==================================================================================
You are asking the Smath Team" to reverse Engineer Mathcad latest [there were so many latest and so many crap
after PTC acquired Mathcad from Mathsoft]. PTC first issue Mathcad 14 could not read 11 and earlier ...
"Jean, thanks for the huge work sheetssssss you posted to me. Unfortunately, it crashed my PC ..."
That was the answer I got From M.Z [former Mathsoft acquired by PTC]. On her personal request for the best
of Mathcad 11 in French ... guess the MB !
The reverse was true: Mathcad 11 would either crash or scrap from Mathcad 14 WS.

Why this comment ? The best of Mathcad/Mathsoft lasted during the period of Mathsoft Collaboratory and as long
as PTC maintained this Collaboratory. Around 2010, they scraped it for their awfully worst PTC Community.
Applied maths are associative. What could you associate to "Glorious Primes" if you can't mine the rich 11.
On the other end, PTC resigned the Mathsoft contract with Macrovision May 30 2015 15:30
Since, all owners of Mathcad 11 Single User Edition got deactivated and bare in the street.

It would be nice Smath developers code some of the most useful Mathsoft functions ...

Given => Find, Odesolve, Maximize, Minimize, Minerr ... Genfit
Just to name the most I'm missing. Though, and otherwise Smath survives many projects.

Jean