Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nlinesk8s  
#1 Posted : 20 September 2017 14:49:27(UTC)
nlinesk8s

Groups: Registered
United States

Might not be the place for this, but I see no button in the bugs area to add a post. I'm not a developer or programmer, so forgive me for asking a question.

downloaded Writer region files, and put them in the plugins folder. [unless I missed them, there are no instructions with the download as to where to put them]
When I bring up Smath, I get the following error
writerregionerror.PNG

Assuming the pic didn't upload, the error says this:
"The following plug ins cannot be started. Please update or remove them, otherwise plug ins will be automatically disabled"

WriterRegion.dll
GUID;34001943-fc64-4578-9c39-330263ca0424
Method'get_MenuItems' in type
"WriterRegion.WriterImplementer'frmo assembly

etc.

There aren't any instructions with the download as to where to put the files, so I assume I put them in the right place.

My install of Smath is only a couple of days old.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Davide Carpi  
#2 Posted : 20 September 2017 18:17:15(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1329 time(s) in 875 post(s)
Hello nlinesk8s Offline ,

Originally Posted by: nlinesk8s Go to Quoted Post
Might not be the place for this, but I see no button in the bugs area to add a post.I'm not a developer or programmer, so forgive me for asking a question.

It is one of the correct places, don't worry Good

Originally Posted by: nlinesk8s Go to Quoted Post
downloaded Writer region files, and put them in the plugins folder. [unless I missed them, there are no instructions with the download as to where to put them]

The expected procedure to install the plug-ins is through the built-in extensions manager (launch SMath Studio, and go to Tools > Plugins... > Online Gallery (top-right button)); please remove any file you have created manually and try in this way.

About manual install (that should be avoided if not strictly required):
  • Plugins folder in the installation directory is just for built-in plug-ins;
  • downloaded plug-ins are stored in %APPDATA%\SMath\extensions\plugins\{PLUGIN_GUID}\{PLUGIN_VERSION}; next to this folder a config.{SMATH_VERSION}.ini file contains infos about which version of the plugin should be loaded and if it is enabled/disabled

For specific questions about this plugin in particular (and documentation too) you can look in the dedicated topic.

Edited by user 20 September 2017 19:02:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline nlinesk8s  
#3 Posted : 20 September 2017 22:20:17(UTC)
nlinesk8s

Groups: Registered
United States

thanks! That worked. I came to the plugin via a websearch, and it only had a download link. If I had come through the wiki, it clearly showed how to do this; my bad.
Offline Davide Carpi  
#4 Posted : 21 September 2017 00:30:08(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1329 time(s) in 875 post(s)
Good... Good

marked as solved.
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects