Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Italo Rebouças  
#1 Posted : 27 April 2024 02:30:56(UTC)
Italo Rebouças

Groups: Registered
Brazil

Hello,

I've acquired the unilimited license for Smath and plan to use it for commercial purposes in my country.
I work mainly in structural steel and there are lots of potential calculation tools in this area which i consider to be profitable.

My question is: How can i sell a script or a exe. file and guarantee that the person who buy it cannot resell or send them to a third person?
Is there a manual who can help me on this issue because i have no idea how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Kenny Lemens  
#2 Posted : 02 May 2024 04:50:43(UTC)
Kenny Lemens

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Greetings,

Specific to your second part: how can you guarantee a program you make cannot be resold/distributed:
The easy way to guarantee is to manage your products like Ubisoft manages their videogames: require an internet connection to your server, and you can pull the plug from whoever, whenever you want (e.g., https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-crew/ross-scott-campaign). The side affect is that you will not get trust in your consumer base, but if your tools are good enough: you will still see business. Maybe.

I am not a fan of requiring an internet connection unless an internet connection is actually needed though. You may be better served to build your consumer base first before you try to maximize your control over the users.

Regardless, as a first step, you should enter into an EULA with the users before they get to use your tools, such that the users are made aware of the restrictions. Again, you do not want to maximize your control over the users; the users need to be given rights else it will be hard for them to use the program honestly.

May this be of Good Help;
⚜ Kenny Lemens, P.E. ᵂᴵ
"No matter where you go, there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

Hotkeys: https://en.smath.com/for...rce.ashx?a=45771&b=2
thanks 1 user thanked Kenny Lemens for this useful post.
on 02/05/2024(UTC)