Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ehidle  
#1 Posted : 12 September 2013 20:41:13(UTC)
ehidle

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm trying a fairly straightforward expression evaluation and keep getting a "Units Don't Match" error. However, the units do work out on paper, and if I deconstruct the expression into smaller variables, and do an expression in terms of those variables, it works out okay. I've attached a screenshot showing the expression, which is a function of two variables. It also shows deconstruction into component variables A, B, and C, and the subsequent D which is the equivalent expression to fx(Vbulk,Pout). The units work out properly to 1/s (Hz) in D, but not in fx, and for the life of me I can't figure out why.

Any help? Good

Thanks!
ehidle attached the following image(s):
smath_units.PNG

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline mkraska  
#2 Posted : 12 September 2013 22:57:15(UTC)
mkraska

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 1128 time(s) in 724 post(s)
You may try the workaround in this post. Perhaps the problem you encountered is related to what was reported in the other thread. Had you attached your sm file I would have tried myself ;-)
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx