Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jadalbert  
#1 Posted : 19 November 2013 01:23:33(UTC)
Jadalbert

Groups: Registered
Poland

I want to have mm units. But I still have the situation like on the screen shot. Dont understand why and dont know what can I do to resolve the problem. When the argument of the square root is the number the value and units are ok. When there is the variable - everything is bad.
Jadalbert attached the following image(s):
Przechwytywanie.PNG

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline mkraska  
#2 Posted : 19 November 2013 04:02:56(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1124 time(s) in 721 post(s)
You cannot expect the square root of a length (given in mm) to be of dimension length. That would mean you would expect length times length to be of dimension length instead of area. Thus your equation might be designed for dimension- or unit-free values, how they are sometimes still in use. They require you to put in the data in certain units and deliver the result also in certain units. If you use such equations with variables containing value and unit, you first must divide the input by the required input unit and take the result times the expected results units. I'd try to avoid this, because this procedure is far from self documenting. Try to use equations involving just real physical quantities regardless of their units. SMath is ideally suited to handle such equations.
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Jadalbert  
#3 Posted : 19 November 2013 10:58:45(UTC)
Jadalbert

Poland

It has sense! Thank You for advice.