Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Morfmor  
#1 Posted : 02 September 2011 10:39:18(UTC)
Morfmor

Groups: Registered

Could really use some basic control over pictures pasted into my Smath-sheets. Resize for starters. I personally don't need ability to draw/edit directly in Smath - I do that in other programs, made for that.

Is Smath development still active? It is really starting to be intresting, and I would love to skip Mathcad completely.
Anything an amateur programmer can do to help?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline omorr  
#2 Posted : 02 September 2011 21:27:44(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello,
Morfmor wrote:
Is Smath development still active? It is really starting to be intresting, and I would love to skip Mathcad completely.

I think that new SMath release will be available soon. As far as I know, Andrey is working on it. Any help would be appreciated. Just contact the SMath author - Andrey Ivashov.

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline uni  
#3 Posted : 03 September 2011 05:51:30(UTC)
uni

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1274 time(s) in 745 post(s)
Morfmor wrote:

You can see work of some amateur programmers and professionals in SMath's svn log.

Use this topic: How to create plugins for SMath Studio and plugins sources as tutorial.
Unfortunately, not many people wrote plugins to Mathcad, therefore users wait new possibilities instead of helping to realize them. They simply don't know how to make it, since have got used to the ready.
Mathcad had no symbolical engine and it explains its many problems today. Not so simply to make own analog of MuPAD or Maple that not to depend from them.
You should know that this project began in 2005 as an application for a handheld computer under Windows CE. And only then has grown to the personal computer.

If the project is opened, I am afraid, the author will lose over it control. It will be done by those at whom there is money and to do in own way. PTC spends money. Do you like Mathcad Prime?
Russia ☭ forever
Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
Offline Optusprime  
#4 Posted : 22 November 2011 15:39:25(UTC)
Optusprime

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi all,

Just to add to the request of resizing pictures in SMath, it also seems that if you click and drag your mouse over a picture you have copied from somewhere and pasted into SMath Studio, it seems that the it draws a black line which you can not seem to undo.

Or is this just happeneing to my worksheets?

Thanks.
Offline LordMike  
#5 Posted : 28 January 2012 22:55:48(UTC)
LordMike

Man

I too find it weird that the default behaviour is to crop the image when I'd expect it to resize.

Wink