Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline CompSystems  
#1 Posted : 01 March 2013 17:21:41(UTC)
CompSystems

Groups: Registered
Man
Colombia

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Texas Instruments launched the first Advanced math application (TI-nspire CX CAS) on mobile devices, I think it's (SMath) also a good time to port this software to these platforms

Source
http://education.ti.com/...-nspire-cas-app-for-ipad

TI-nspire CX CAS on Tablet-PC

TI-nspire CX CAS

Video
http://www.youtube.com/w...bedded&v=P1vH8U1U0a4

Edited by user 23 April 2013 04:17:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mechanical binary calculator

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline kilele  
#2 Posted : 01 March 2013 19:29:24(UTC)
kilele

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Look at this post from the developer, it seems that he is preparing a version for Android tablets.
Who knows? He might be preparing a cross-platform version in c# with some mobile framework like Monocross

Edited by user 01 March 2013 19:32:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Illbay  
#3 Posted : 25 March 2013 19:17:43(UTC)
Illbay

United States

Originally Posted by: CompSystems Go to Quoted Post
Texas Instruments launched the first Advanced math application (TI-nspire CX CAS) on mobile devices, I think it's (SMath) also a good time to carry this software to these platforms

I am NOT a programmer, but a "super-user." I have a lot of experience, "super-using," however, including administrating my own Linux server for several years, and I can tell you this is easier said than done. Even if you set up the code correctly for ease of porting, it's a huge job.

I'm not sure what sort of development model this guy is using, but I'm assuming it's not a "FOSS" model where anyone can join the "project" is that correct?

Because the best way to do something like this would be as a seperate project with volunteer coders involved.

Given that there is very slow progress on getting this thing to a "One Point Oh" status, I expect he's doing it on his own and I sure wouldn't look for a cross-platform port anytime soon.

And I say that as an avid iPad/iPhone user. I'd love to have something like this on that platform. But for now I'd be glad to have things like "Find/Replace" and a more Mathcad-like treatment of text areas on the PC platform.