Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Optusprime  
#1 Posted : 11 November 2011 03:37:22(UTC)
Optusprime

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
After starting to use SMath Studio, I think the software is brilliant and having not use MathCAD before I am wondering how much more MathCAD can actually do? Are there any users of the latest version of MathCAD and the latest version of SMath Stuio out there that can give us a brief summary of each (perhaps the strengths and weakness of each)? I do not want to start a Vs battle between the two, but simply understand each better.

I am very interested in this. Thanks.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline omorr  
#2 Posted : 11 November 2011 04:33:26(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello,

There is no any definite answer to this question. Just have in mind that Mathcad is around here for almost 30 years, I think. Any user of Mathcad will give a different answer. Actually, it depends on what you need. If SMath is doing what you would expect it to do, that is Ok and you do not need Mathcad. There are also many posts under Feature Requests forum.

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline Optusprime  
#3 Posted : 11 November 2011 09:13:23(UTC)
Optusprime

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks Radovan,

I am at quite a key stage in research at the moment, I can see myself using SMath Studio very much now and in the future (even if I get access to MathCAD). I am thinking of downloading the trial of MathCAD, can I open SMath Studio files in MathCAD? Is it compatible?

Thanks
Offline omorr  
#4 Posted : 11 November 2011 10:24:28(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello,

Although you can read/save SMath files in Mathcad *.xcmd format, the compatibility with Mathcad is quite poor. It will work only for rather simple files. Mathcad and Smath are quite different and I really do not know if there could be even better Mathcad support in SMath. The final answer could give you only the SMath creator, Andrey Ivashov.

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"