Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline x58890  
#1 Posted : 27 June 2012 00:08:03(UTC)
x58890

Groups: Registered
United States

I work in an office that requires calculations to be performed on a standard titleblock (images and borders that extend the whole length of the page). I have a .jpg that contains the titleblock (the image takes up the entire page), but when I paste it in my workbook, I am no longer able to manipulate the equations occupying the same space.

I would like to be able to save a titleblock that automatically prints with each page of my workbook. It would be inactive (or even unseen) while manipulating my calculations on each page.

Is this currently possible? Is there a chance this capability could be added in the near future?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#2 Posted : 27 June 2012 00:43:11(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Sure. It is possible. I already have similar requests from other people regarding this, so I see it is important feature.
Will try to implement it in nearest future.

Best regards, Andrey Ivashov.
Offline Kip  
#3 Posted : 20 July 2012 21:45:52(UTC)
Kip

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Looking forward to this feature being implemented soon. It would be useful to have a function that at the time of printing could replace tags. Examples without be replacing [curpage] with the page's number, [numpages] with the total number of pages, [date] with today's date.
thanks 1 user thanked Kip for this useful post.
on 22/07/2012(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#4 Posted : 22 July 2012 20:31:47(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1124 time(s) in 721 post(s)
Hi,

Originally Posted by: Kip Go to Quoted Post
It would be useful to have a function that at the time of printing could replace tags. Examples without be replacing [curpage] with the page's number, [numpages] with the total number of pages, [date] with today's date.

Isn't that already implemented in the header/footer section of the page layout dialog? However, it would be fine to have a hint on available tags.

Best regards, Martin Kraska

Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Kip  
#5 Posted : 23 July 2012 16:17:35(UTC)
Kip

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Originally Posted by: Kip Go to Quoted Post
It would be useful to have a function that at the time of printing could replace tags. Examples without be replacing [curpage] with the page's number, [numpages] with the total number of pages, [date] with today's date.

Isn't that already implemented in the header/footer section of the page layout dialog? However, it would be fine to have a hint on available tags.

Best regards, Martin Kraska

They are available in the header/footer section but the ability to use the same tags on the pages would be useful for company title blocks as they require more formatting than a simple string.
Offline ElSid  
#6 Posted : 06 August 2012 20:12:19(UTC)
ElSid

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Andre,
Having problem where the footer does NOT print or show up on print preview. Anyone else having the issue

As a re-request, fonts would be appreciated with the update as well. Fonts fit into corporate standards and, in MathCAD, allow you to define the same "variable" as two different items (i.e. italic g=gravity and courier g=constant and italic arial g= ...)