Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Davide Carpi  
#1 Posted : 28 October 2012 17:58:32(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1340 time(s) in 879 post(s)
Hi,

I think that the built-in range(3) function it's a little bit complicated to understand and to handle... I propose as improvement the following behavior (see the attachment)

BTW the endRange value does not necessarily appear in the output vactor

regards,

w3b5urf3r
Davide Carpi attached the following image(s):
range(3) - Paint.NET v3.5.10.png
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline mkraska  
#2 Posted : 28 October 2012 23:06:24(UTC)
mkraska

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 1127 time(s) in 723 post(s)
I'd leave it as it is.

The complication which I see is that the start value has to be specified twice, if you want to explicitly specify the increment.

range(-2,1,-2+0.3)=mat(-2,-1.7,-1.4,-1.1,-0.8,-0.5,-0.2,0.1,0.4,0.7,10,1)

At least the representation is consistent with MathCad ranges, and also consistent with how one would write a range by hand. However, it took me quite some time when starting with SMath to find out that the range variables are missing and how to specify ranges. AFAIK, in Mathcad there is no function for ranges, just type ; and you get the placeholders.

Would be fine to have that in SMath as well. This would perhaps be impossible if ; is set as arg delimiter. Then a double dot .. would be an intuitive shortcut

Best regards, Martin
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx