Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Davide Carpi  
#1 Posted : 04 June 2013 20:29:43(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1340 time(s) in 879 post(s)
Hello everybody Good

Looking the new extensions manager an idea crosses my mind: add a "Manuals" category (pdf/sm/smz handbooks,manuals and guides can be published here).

Another idea was to add a 5th filter: language.

Maybe Andrey have already thought this, I don't know...

regards,

w3b5urf3r
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
thanks 2 users thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 04/06/2013(UTC),  on 04/06/2013(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#2 Posted : 04 June 2013 23:10:23(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Great idea, David! Will add Manuals as an additional type of extensions. But not sure about file formats to accept... will think about it.

Regarding filter: my nearest plans to implement more powerful filter, where one could request to list only files with animations, or graphs, or pictures etc. And of course it will be possible to filter by language.

Thank you!
thanks 1 user thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 05/06/2013(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#3 Posted : 05 June 2013 00:14:08(UTC)
mkraska

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 1128 time(s) in 724 post(s)
I see several options for providing manuals.

1.: Just use the wiki, online or offline. If I could send my latex manual to reasonably formatted html, this could be an option for me. So far, I just did wiki edits with the embedded editor and find that cumbersome. My latex manual is made using LyX.

2. Interlinked SMath pages just like the built in reference book. That would require either enhanced editing and document structuring capabilities in SMath or some sort of converter from Latex, Word or ODT to SMath.

3. Word, ODT or PDF with embedded active SMath boxes just as we had that in prehistoric times with Mathcad or which is sometimes seen in the forum with smath live. Is it possible to provide an SMath plugin for Word, or OO/LO just like but of course much better than comppad. In order to document any SMath stuff that plugin would need to cover every SMath extensions just like the viewer. That would also be a big advantage over Mathcad, because their office integration has been lost since Mathcad Prime or earlier.

Currently, I have active contents in my manual just by attaching sm files to the final pdf. But you need to open them in order to see them. There are nearly 800 screen shots which are tedious to keep consistent to the current SMath version. Thus I do not consider this being an generally accepted way.
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
thanks 1 user thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 05/06/2013(UTC)
Offline omorr  
#4 Posted : 05 June 2013 01:08:45(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
2. Interlinked SMath pages just like the built in reference book...

I like it best. Something like the SMath Reference Book or something similar to Mathcad HANDBOOK.

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
thanks 2 users thanked omorr for this useful post.
on 05/06/2013(UTC),  on 05/06/2013(UTC)