Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline rook  
#1 Posted : 12 June 2013 12:00:31(UTC)
rook

Groups: Registered

Steps to reproduce:
- download nightly build v. 0.96.4909 (either setup or stand-alone)
- install Data Exchange plugin from online gallery (to enable .tex export)
- save as .tex (worksheet can be even empty)
- exception: Method not found 'System.String SMath.Control.FileContext.getFullName()'

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline omorr  
#2 Posted : 12 June 2013 12:19:07(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rook Go to Quoted Post
Steps to reproduce:
- download nightly build v. 0.96.4909 (either setup or stand-alone)
- install Data Exchange plugin from online gallery (to enable .tex export)
- save as .tex (worksheet can be even empty)
- exception: Method not found 'System.String SMath.Control.FileContext.getFullName()'

Confirmed,

When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#3 Posted : 12 June 2013 13:54:53(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Plugin should be recompiled with updated references to latest SMath Studio assemblies.
Offline turducken  
#4 Posted : 16 September 2013 22:35:12(UTC)
turducken

I've installed the latest nightly build of smath (0.96 build 4909) and still I am unable to export to Latex. Is there slightly more direction that could be given for how to get this working until the next release patches this?

Thanks for your help! I'm currently exporting mathcad sheets to mathematica (using this: http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/Books/7163/)then to latex (a silly work around but it works!). Would prefer direct smath to latex.
Offline Davide Carpi  
#5 Posted : 17 September 2013 00:28:52(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1329 time(s) in 875 post(s)
Sorry, I've totally missed this thread (3 months... Oh myOh my:ohmyGood

I'll fix it ASAP OK

best regards,

Davide

P.S. To make easiest and fastest as possible the debugging please report in the Extensions section the bugs/issues related to gallery plugins (if a thread already exists)
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline Davide Carpi  
#6 Posted : 17 September 2013 07:06:31(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: turducken Go to Quoted Post
I'm currently exporting mathcad sheets to mathematica (using this: http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/Books/7163/)then to latex (a silly work around but it works!). Would prefer direct smath to latex.

BTW it is possible for you to convert and post a tex output from the attached file with mathematica? Biggrin

File Attachment(s):
tex.sm (2kb) downloaded 66 time(s).
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline pauljmorrison  
#7 Posted : 17 September 2013 17:06:35(UTC)
pauljmorrison

United States

I can also confirm this bug and am definitely interested in a solution. Thanks!
Offline Davide Carpi  
#8 Posted : 20 September 2013 00:33:44(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

this 3D can be marked as fixed Good

Davide
Offline turducken  
#9 Posted : 20 September 2013 21:57:38(UTC)
turducken

@w3b5urf3r_reloaded: mathematica will not read mathcad/smath specific syntax. I have been copying equation symbols and functions into mathematica only. Also, mathematica uses brackets [ ] for function expressions. So, you also need to painstakingly regex search your documents to remove those (assuming they aren't nested then its a real mess!)

Thanks for your help. I would have responded sooner but for some reason I am not receiving email notifications from this forum (even though my account is setup to receive emails from forums I post in...).

I downloaded the latest build of the registered Data Exchange extension. Everything exports to .tex correctly so far (though I've done merely simple examples like sin(x)).
Offline Davide Carpi  
#10 Posted : 21 September 2013 00:46:26(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: turducken Go to Quoted Post
@w3b5urf3r_reloaded: mathematica will not read mathcad/smath specific syntax. I have been copying equation symbols and functions into mathematica only. Also, mathematica uses brackets [ ] for function expressions. So, you also need to painstakingly regex search your documents to remove those (assuming they aren't nested then its a real mess!)

Thanks for your help. I would have responded sooner but for some reason I am not receiving email notifications from this forum (even though my account is setup to receive emails from forums I post in...).

I downloaded the latest build of the registered Data Exchange extension. Everything exports to .tex correctly so far (though I've done merely simple examples like sin(x)).

You're welcome Good

My interest is only on how is exported mathematics in latex by other softwares; actually there's no needs to make changes, but maybe someone has done something better and more clearly than me Wink

Let me know if something doesn't work correctly.

Best regards,

Davide