Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zorrykid  
#1 Posted : 24 February 2014 00:24:08(UTC)
zorrykid

Groups: Registered
Italy

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I apologize for posting this message here but have seen that is not possible to attach pictures under the topic "SMath Studio 0.97.5154 (10 February 2014)".

At least on my computer running both the releases of Smath Studio Desktop I see that clicking on the help menu choice shows up the below error message and the only options to open the handbook is to follow this approach: Tool -> PlugIn -> Interactive Books and then double click on Interactive Smath Handbook.

Best Regards

Franco
zorrykid attached the following image(s):
sshot-1.png
thanks 1 user thanked zorrykid for this useful post.
on 24/02/2014(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Davide Carpi  
#2 Posted : 24 February 2014 02:18:48(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1338 time(s) in 878 post(s)
Confirmed

To fix the issue edit the settings.inf file;

change these two lines from:
Code:
DefaultInteractiveTutorial=D:\FHB\Software\SMath\2014 02 10 SMath 0.97.5154 Portable\extensions\books\be8ed228-7b9f-4d88-9521-f6039e697cd5\88\contents.sm
Recent=D:\FHB\Software\SMath\Activebook\activebook\_Diag.sm|D:\FHB\Software\SMath\Activebook\activebook\_Min.sm|D:\FHB\Software\SMath\Activebook\activebook\Wish List.sm|D:\FHB\Software\SMath\Activebook\activebook\Algsys.sm|D:\FHB\Software\SMath\SMath Skript\SMath\Maxima\Update9.sm|D:\FHB\Forschung\Havelux\2014 02 06 Stauchversuch\Stauchung.sm|D:\FHB\Software\SMath\SMath Skript\Bilder\Maxima-draw-filledcurves_new.sm|D:\FHB\Software\SMath\SMath Skript\Bilder\Maxima-draw-filledcurves.sm|D:\FHB\Software\SMath\SMath Skript\SMath\Erste Schritte.sm|D:\FHB\Software\SMath\SMath Skript\Bilder\Draw2D3D.sm|D:\FHB\Software\SMath\Activebook\activebook\Maxima.sm|D:\FHB\Software\SMath\Activebook\activebook\contents.sm|D:\FHB\Software\SMath\2014 02 10 SMath 0.97.5154 Portable\extensions\books\be8ed228-7b9f-4d88-9521-f6039e697cd5\81\_Diag.sm

to:
Code:
DefaultInteractiveTutorial=.\extensions\books\be8ed228-7b9f-4d88-9521-f6039e697cd5\88\contents.sm

this can be made directly by Martin (the second line removed is just to clean the "recent files" menu)

in the same way you can simply change the portable distribution language editing
Code:
Language=GER
Units=ger

to
Code:
Language=ENG
Units=eng

best regards,

Davide

Edited by user 24 February 2014 02:42:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Davide Carpi attached the following image(s):
2014-02-24 00_22_17-C__Users_Davide_Desktop_2014 02 23 SMath 0.97.5154 Portable_settings.inf - Notep.png
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
thanks 1 user thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 24/02/2014(UTC)
Offline omorr  
#3 Posted : 24 February 2014 08:48:51(UTC)
omorr

Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello

I just fixed this by choosing the Interactive SMath Habdbook as the default one from the extension manager.
The language of course can ba also changed from the Tools->options menu

Regards,
Radovan

EDIT - By the way, running "SMathStudio_Desktop_64bit_only.exe" on my x64 machine will cause an unhandled exception.

Edited by user 24 February 2014 10:29:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

omorr attached the following image(s):
SMath Studio Desktop - 64.png
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline Davide Carpi  
#4 Posted : 24 February 2014 14:15:04(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1338 time(s) in 878 post(s)
Originally Posted by: omorr Go to Quoted Post
I just fixed this by choosing the Interactive SMath Habdbook as the default one from the extension manager.

Good, however an error message is a source of reports, so I think is better to fix the issue at the source Good

I know, but if you don't know where is located phisically the menu, may be not so easy

EDIT - By the way, running "SMathStudio_Desktop_64bit_only.exe" on my x64 machine will cause an unhandled exception.

Confirmed

Edited by user 24 February 2014 14:22:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
thanks 1 user thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 24/02/2014(UTC)
Offline omorr  
#5 Posted : 24 February 2014 17:05:13(UTC)
omorr

Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Moved post about X-Y region to Extensions forum
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline mkraska  
#6 Posted : 24 February 2014 19:43:23(UTC)
mkraska

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 1127 time(s) in 723 post(s)
Originally Posted by: w3b5urf3r_reloaded Go to Quoted Post

Good, however an error message is a source of reports, so I think is better to fix the issue at the source Good

Done. Unofficial portable version updated. Settings file now contains relative links, which should work everywhere.

I know, but if you don't know where is located phisically the menu, may be not so easy

Preset is english for UI and units.

Confirmed

That's why the 32bit-compatible version is included. If you really want to use the 64bit version, then you can either ignore the error or remove the EFI for Mathcad plugin directory.

Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
thanks 1 user thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 25/02/2014(UTC)