Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Merlijny2k  
#1 Posted : 20 December 2010 19:30:22(UTC)
Merlijny2k

Groups: Registered

Hi, I am from holland and i can't help but notice a striking similarity to a commercial software developed here called Codeform (www.codeform.nl, have to know Dutch. It aims at engineers rather than mathematicians and i have tested it for a while until my boss decided not to buy it. Strangely the controls are almost identical and it took me hardly any time learning to use the basic features of smath.

Does anyone here heard of this program or know how they are so similar? Same framework or something. I'm just very curious. Holland and Russia are hardly neighbor's and hardly anyone here speaks Russian or vice versa so i can't think of any possible connection and yet...

By the way, great program and much, much more stable than codeform! Now i can stop being angry with my boss for not providing me with itBiggrin It's not that it makes me calculate anything i couldn't get done just as fast before, but it just looks so darn good.

Regards, Merlijn (structural engineer)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline stefanodel  
#2 Posted : 21 December 2010 14:25:10(UTC)
stefanodel

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Dear Merlijn,
Smath Studio it is very similar to Mathcad, Codeform is very similar to Mathcad so Smath is similar to Codeform or Codeform is similar to Smath.
It seems to me very simple!

Stefano
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#3 Posted : 21 December 2010 18:24:35(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Hello Merlijn.

This is the first time I here about the program you've mentioned. So SMath Studio and Codeform has no any common framework or something else.

Best regards, Andrey Ivashov.
Offline Merlijny2k  
#4 Posted : 22 December 2010 13:20:21(UTC)
Merlijny2k

Thank you very much. I am not familiar with the Mathcad versions after 1999, so that is probably why i missed the point stefanodel makes. You do require the same update of the .NET framework, which is partly why i got the idea in the first place.

Regards, Merlijn